We are always striving to give our patients the best care. We believe massage therapy is an excellent way to speed recovery from injury, facilitate a complete recovery from injury and prevent injury from occurring again. It’s one of those rare things that feels good and is good for you.
What is massage therapy?
Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissues (skin, muscles, tendons, etc.) of the body to prevent or alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm and stress to promote health and wellness. We offer different methods and techniques of massage depending on your needs.
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- Helps your body heal quicker by increasing circulation and oxygen to the area massaged.
- Helps release waste and toxins so the circulation can carry them away. This speeds healing.
- Helps loosen shortened, tight muscles and stimulate weak muscles. This muscle balancing can promote better posture and more efficient movement.
- Relieves stress and tension.
- Speeds recovery and lessens fatigue after activity.
- Stimulates your body’s natural recuperative power by boosting your body’s own processes.
- Relaxes a tired body and mind.
What may I expect during a massage session?
You are usually asked to remove as much clothing as you are comfortable with and rest on a padded massage table. To respect your privacy, you are covered with a sheet or towel so only the part of the body being worked on is exposed. Your relaxation and comfort during a session is important. Please give the therapist feedback regarding this. The therapist will use a high quality oil or lotion.
How may I expect to feel after a massage?
- Stress and tension relief
- Reduced levels of anxiety
- Less muscle spasms
- Faster healing
- Reduced scar tissue formation
- Greater flexibility and motion
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Improved circulation
- Easier breathing
- Improved posture
- Strengthened immune system
- Feeling of well being
Questions? Contact us or call 763.494.4900 and a friendly staff member will be happy to assist you!